In a perfect world, sending an abandoned cart email wouldn’t be necessary for e-commerce stores. Instead, every
But, as we all know, the world of e-commerce is far from perfect for those who make a living selling online. Abandoned carts are going to happen at every store. In fact, the majority of carts will end up that way. This is why an email marketing automation process with an abandoned cart email plan is a necessit.
We previously discussed the intricacies of the abandoned cart email process. Now, it’s time to take a glance at some specific examples to gain a better understanding of how it’s done.
- Sent by: Adidas
- Subject: Sorry to hear about your wi-fi…
- Why we like it: This abandoned cart email has
clevercopy (Is your wifi okay?) and a headline to match. I know I’d open an email with that subject line. The inclusion of reviews on the product that was abandoned is a very good idea. Keep in mind that consumers trust reviews from a peer an exceptionally high amount.
- Sent by: Winc
- Subject: You forgot something unforgettable.
- Why we like it: Again, here is a subject line that’s far more likely to drive open rates than something generic. The $20 discount included for a first-time buyer is a great incentive to encourage completion of the purchase. It’s generally best to include such discounts in the second or third message sent in an abandoned cart email series. This is a bit of a unique case, though, combining an abandoned cart email with a welcome series email strategy. It works well in this instance.
- Sent by: Casper
- Subject: Did you forget something?
- Why we like it: The subject line is a bit generic, but the copy within this abandoned cart email is second to none. Using “come back to bed” as a catchphrase for completing the purchase of a pillow is spot-on. The customer review listed also provides some levity. If there’s any real downside here, it’s that the product imagery isn’t great.
- Sent by:
- Subject: Still available?
- Why we like it: Here’s another great example of a second or third message to be sent in an abandoned cart email series. It has a free shipping option included and creates a sense of urgency to complete the deal. Additionally, the listing of other top products available gives the customer other options to at least complete some form of a purchase or potentially even an upsell/cross-sell.
- Sent by: Beardbrand
- Subject: Quick Heads Up…
- Why we like it: If overly catchy, clever subjects and copy aren’t what your brand is about, don’t force it. This abandoned cart email from Beardbrand proves the value of doing just that. It’s neither of those things, but it is perfectly on-brand. That’s far more important. It’s simple and to the point with a very clear indication of the product and where to reclaim it. It also incentivizes action by stating the cart will expire soon.
How Engine Mail can help
Engine Mail was built by e-commerce veterans based on their past experiences. The aim is to provide an email automation product that is superior to anything you’ll find elsewhere. That includes the best possible tools for your abandoned cart email strategy.
Our core mission in that process has been ease of use. We understand we’re competing in a world full of complexity and confusion where a large number of email products are overdone. That’s not Engine Mail. We’ve taken what we know best during our years of navigating the e-commerce landscape and created a product around email automation that is easy to understand and deploy.
We know time is your most precious asset, so we won’t take too much of it. Set up a call with us by clicking here or reaching out via email. In just 15 minutes, we will create killer email flows for you. Your business will never be the same.