Over the weekend our team was in Des Moines presenting at a conference. In between sessions we decided to grab a quick bite to eat at a local taco shop. While we were waiting I pulled out my phone to surf Facebook to catch up on the latest memes. Now I don’t know about y’all, but I often find myself using Facebook as a marketer and not a consumer. I keep a notebook with me of websites I am auditing and I look for their ads on my mobile just to see what companies I respect are doing.
One of those companies is 1 Up Nutrition. There are a lot of reasons I respect 1 Up’s marketing game, but the thing I love most about 1 Up is their dedication to “romancing the customer” before they ask for the sale. You can see this with how much content they put out, as well as their commitment to free education displayed predominantly in the header of their website.
Now let’s get to the good stuff. I was served an ad for 1 Up featuring Sergi Constance, a massive influencer in the health and wellness space (if you want to see the ad head over here). This ad did a lot of things right. The video is engaging, the copy is on point, and the CTA is clear.
There was only one thing I would do different…
A little trick up the sleeve of advanced marketers…
A trick that can cut your new user acquisition cost in half…
Okay, enough teasing. The thing I would do different is run this ad 1) from the influencers pages, as well as 2) as a branded content partnership. If you’re wanting to know exactly how to do this you’re in luck. Below is a step by step guide on how to properly (and safely) set this up.
Running Straight from the influencers page
- Go to your business manager (www.business.facebook.com) and select business settings.
- Request to become a partner of the page(s) you are looking to run ads from. The influencer will need to give you their page ID, as well as grant you access as an advertiser.
- This next step is for security of the influencer. They can create a “project” and assign you specific access to that. That way the only content you see is what is directly assigned to you via the influencer or their team.
- To get creative and content approved, simply load in the designs and creative into Facebook’s Creative Hub. For instructions on how to use this tool click here.
- Boom, you are now ready to run ads to your influencers audience, using their account!
- If you want to learn the targeting features we’ve used to maximize this effort head over to our Facebook page and search for the video titled “influencer marketing hack”.
Branded Content Tool
- Follow Facebook’s well put together guide here.
There you have it! Now go forth and continue crushing sales.