Post-purchase emails are a great way for e-commerce stores to build a stronger relationship with customers. This is not necessarily the part of the email marketing automation process driving results that can be seen immediately. Instead, brands are more likely to see long-term impacts on customer lifetime value as a result of well-executed post-purchase emails.
We’ve already discussed important things to remember are how to use post-purchase emails effectively. Now, let’s take a look at some of the best examples:
- Sent by: Urban Outfitters
- Subject: Order Confirmation
- Why we like it: At first glance, this post-purchase email is simply an order confirmation. It includes all of the essential elements of providing everything an e-commerce brand should within immediately following an order. It also goes above and beyond, though, by clearly providing very specific information on what to expect now that the order has been placed. The customer comes away from this email with no confusion whatsoever about what’s next.
- Sent by: Crate and Barrel
- Subject: We Appreciate Your Most Recent Purchase At Crate and Barrel
- Why we like it: This is so much more than an order confirmation. In fact, this is a great example of a post-purchase email that comes after order details have been confirmed. This is saying thanks and clearly providing the customer with information on how to contact customer service if needed. Both are crucial elements in the store-customer relationship. There are also “handpicked” items featured based on the recent purchase. That’s creating a potential cross-sell while executing a post-purchase email in a way that provides value. Both the store and the customer stand to win in that situation.
- Sent by: Fitbit
- Subject: Today is the day! Your order has been shipped.
- Why we like it: Letting customers know when an order has officially been shipped is always a necessity. There’s an easy-to-find link for tracking the shipment, which is also a necessity in such post-purchase emails. And just like the initial order confirmation email, these do not have to be boring. This particular example is littered with on-brand content, which is better than something overly basic.
- Sent by: Fitbit
- Subject: Versa 101: Dive into swim-proof features
- Why we like it: With cutting-edge interactive items such as this, a post-purchase email bringing the owner’s guide to the fingertips of the customer is an outstanding idea. You can never assume what the customer does and doesn’t know about such products. Giving them an easy opportunity to access that information is really nothing more than great customer service.
- Sent by: Chewey
- Subject: Tell us what you think
- Why we like it: Customer feedback is incredibly valuable. A well-constructed post-purchase email such as this is one very good way to get it. Even just a handful of reviews can go a long way. There’s also reminders of free shipping on certain orders, around-the-clock customer service, and easy returns — all things that are staples of the brand.
How Engine Mail Can Help
Engine Mail was built by e-commerce veterans based on their past experiences in online retail. The aim is to provide an email automation product that is superior to anything you’ll find elsewhere. That includes the best possible tools for delivering high-quality post-purchase emails.
Our primary goal throughout that process has been ease of use. We understand we’re competing in a landscape full of complex, confusing, and overdone email products. We’ve made sure Engine Mail isn’t falling into that category. The Engine team has taken what they know best throughout years of navigating the world of e-commerce and manufactured a product around email automation that is easy to understand and use.
We’re aware your most precious asset is time, so we won’t take more than 15 minutes of your time to create exceptional email flows for you. Set up a call with us by clicking here or reaching out via email. Your business will thank you later.